One of my favourite meal as a child was Pasta Souffle. I loved it so much that at the age of 13 I decided to learn how to make it. This was my very first interaction with cooking and the first meal I made. Since then I’ve tried different ways of making it and today I’m gonna post my favourite one. First food that I learned to cook, first post on my cooking blog. Enjoy!
- 800gr tagliatelle
- 300gr anthotiro or ricotta
- 300gr chopped bacon
- 200gr shredded parmesan
- 100gr chopped mushrooms
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 4 cups milk
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 50gr shredded kefalotiri
- salt & pepper
- In a medium saucepan heat the butter under low fire until it melts.
- Add the flour and still until the mixture becomes smooth and cook it under medium heat until it gets a golden color.
- Meanwhile heat the milk in a differend pan until it starts to boil, and then add it one cup at a time on the golden mixture and stir continuously until it becomes very smooth.
- Cook for 10 minutes while stirring constantly and remove it from heat.
- Add the nutmeg, the kefalotiri and salt & pepper to your liking and stir. Leave it to cool a little.
for the Pasta Souffle
- Boil the tagliatelle for 6′ minutes and put them on a colander to drain the water.
- Butter a baking pan and put a layer of tagliatelle(not all of them) mixed with 150gr shredded parmesan.
- Add a layer with anthotiro mixed with the chopped bacon.
- Add a layer with the rest of the tagliatelle mixed with the chopped mushrooms and the rest of the shredded parmesan.
- Add a layer with the Bechamel.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 40′ minutes.